Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Race for the Cure Registration Opens

May 23, 2011
Event poster

Team UW fans, it's time to put on your walking/running shoes! University of Wyoming  employees are encouraged to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Saturday, Aug. 13, in Cheyenne.

The Race for the Cure benefits the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, an organization supporting breast cancer research. Since its origin in 1982, the organization raised more than $1.9 billion for research, education and health services, making it the largest breast cancer charity in the world.

UW employees can register online at and follow the directions to sign up for TEAM UW. Early registration is $25 or $30 on race day. Please include T-shirt size when registering.

Wyoming will receive 75 percent of the net proceeds to promote local breast health and cancer awareness projects.  The remaining 25 percent will go to the national foundation.

For more information call Wilma Varga at 766-6476 or Sue Heide at 766-5123.


Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon