Sidebar Site Navigation
UW Vehicle Policy Changes Take Effect July 1
June 20, 2011 — Several important changes in UW's vehicle policy will take effect July 1.
- New definitions and guidance for the use of "university vehicles" and "private vehicles being used for university business";
- Updated driver qualification standards, including requirements for Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) checks;
- Clarification of who may be transported in vehicles being used on university business;
- Implementation of a waiver process for non-university passengers traveling in private vehicles used for university business;
- Detailed procedures for procurement, licensing, transfer, disposal, service and repair of university vehicles; and
- A deductible provision that requires departments to pay a deductible for at-fault accidents involving university vehicles.
The documents and FAQs can be read at http://Uwyo.edu/vehiclepolicy. Portions of the new policy may affect your employment.
For questions and additional information, email the Risk Management Department, Risk@uwyo.edu.