Strategic Plan (pdf)
By-laws of the CFG (pdf)
SAREC will facilitate mission-linked scientific inquiry on agricultural systems that promote sustainable land and resource use.
- Conduct applied and exploratory research on principle components of sustainable agriculture systems and ecosystem management.
- Cultivate scholarship through learning processes that enhance knowledge, skills, and attitudes to make inferences, deductions, and decisions about sustainable agriculture systems.
- Systematically analyze SAREC activities and their impacts to promote synthesis of knowledge.
SAREC will disseminate knowledge developed through discovery to enhance the sustainability of agriculture systems for the future.
- Provide for learning about agriculture stewardship and resource management through experiential programs that link discovery with dissemination.
- Develop a user-friendly, web-based information sharing system for dissemination of research and dialogue. The web-site should include a virtual tour plus scientific and lay publications based on results obtained at SAREC.
SAREC will facilitate dialogue and debate among stakeholders with diverse roles and backgrounds to advance implementation of sustainable agriculture practices.
- Serve as a site where dialog on resource management and techniques for ecologically sound, economically viable, and socially acceptable methods of operating can occur.
Actions and Recommendations of the CFG
Actions and Recommendations of the AAC
February 16, 2012 Meeting
- The AES Director shall appoint a committee to review and evaluate applications for the SAREC graduate student assistantship. Approved unanimously.
- The RFA for the graduate student stipend designated for SAREC will be posted by October 1 and due by November 15th. Reviews should take place near the time of the December AAC meeting and results announced shortly after January 1. Approved unanimously.
May 1, 2012 Meeting
- Once a research project is approved, the researcher must provide a protocol to the Research Leader and the Director of Operations (or the Farm Manager). Motion passed unanimously.