Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Trademark Licensing|A Unit of Auxiliary Services

Contact Us

UW Trademark Licensing
Dept 3322
1000 E. University Ave.
Wyoming Hall,
Room 356 and 352
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6927
Phone: (307) 766-5646

Getting Licensed

The State and University of Wyoming work cooperatively in the management and protection of its trademarks with the Trademark Licensing Office being charged with the handling of day to day activities .  There are several components to the licensing program and should be thoroughly reviewed prior to selecting and completing an application.   

Bucking Horse & Rider Organizational Use Agreement

There is no cost for this agreement and is intended for Wyoming organizations, businesses, or political subdivisions seeking to use the Bucking Horse & Rider mark in signage, on a website, letterhead or similar uses.  These agreements are granted to further the interests of the state of Wyoming through the promotion of Wyoming business, tourism and products and services originating in Wyoming.   

Click here for additional details and application.

Product Licensing Agreements

The Trademark Licensing Office requires licensing of all manufacturers producing products bearing Wyoming's famous Bucking Horse & Rider trademark and UW marks; regardless of whether they sell strictly to student groups or to the bookstore.   

Please note, product license agreements require the payment of royalties.  Since royalties are normally passed on to the final consumer in the purchase price, the manufacturer generally does not incur any out-of-pocket expenses. 

Collegiate Licensing Company

If your company is physically located outside of Wyoming and seeking a license to use UW trademarks, please contact The Collegiate Licensing Company for an application or click here to be re-directed to CLC's website.  

Direct Licensing

The Trademark Licensing Office directly handles all other manufacturers seeking use of University marks and/or the State of Wyoming's Bucking Horse & Rider mark.  The direct licensing program is structured to allow scalability and to encourage growth of licensed product sales by containing both an Entrepreneur and Standard license component.  Additional details about each of these components can be found on the licensing application. 

Licensing Application for companies located in Wyoming.

Licensing Application for companies located out of Wyoming (does not include UW marks).  

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon