Sidebar Site Navigation
Revegetation, Soil Management, Weed Control, Wildlife Habitat, Air Quality, Water Quality
- Impacts of Gas field Soil Management practices on soil properties and plant establishment. Jay Norton, Calvin Strom, Gary Austin, Ralph Swift, Pete Guernsey, PIs. Funded by Encana, QEP, and BP.
- Improving sagebrush reclamation technologies in bentonite minelands of the Bighorn Basin, Pete Stahl & Lyle King, PIs. Funded by BLM.
- Reclaiming Halogeton invasions of salt-desert shrublands in the Wyoming Basin, Ann Hild, PI. Funded by WRRC.
- Energy development and wildlife habitat database organization, Pete Stahl & John Tanaka, PIs. Data collected throughout Wyoming, Funded by WY Game& Fish.
- Economics of native seed production for reclamation and restoration activities, Roger Coupal, Kristiana Hansen & Kristina Hufford, PIs. Funded by WRRC.
- Identification of elk disturbance risk and driving mechanisms in a natural gas development field, Jeff Beck, PI. Conducted in the Fortification Creek area. Funded by Anardarko Petroleum, Petrol-Canada, Pennaco/Marathon, SER and WRRC.
- Innovative radium pond remediation strategies, Lisa Cox and Pete Stahl, PIs. Conducted in central Wyoming. Funded by WMA and UWSER.
- Best Management Practices for Reclamation of Natural Gas Well Pads in South Central Wyoming. Gary Austin, Steve Paulsen and Pete Stahl, PIs. Funded by BP and WRRC.
- Coalbed Natural Gas Co-produced Water Impacts on Soils, George Vance, PI.
- Constructing a GIS based pollutant emission inventory. Dr. Robert Field, PI. Funded by UW School of Energy Resources and WRRC.
- Supplemental Irrigation on Jonah Field Wellpads. Ralph Swift, Calvin Strom, and Pete Stahl, PIs. Funded by Encana and WRRC.
- Municipal Waste Compost as a soil amendment to alleviate soil crusting and salinity. Gary Austin, Calvin Strom, David Marshall, and Pete Stahl, PIs. Funded by BP, KC Harvey, Terra Firma Organics and WRRC.
- Use of sterile triticale to immobilize N and prevent weed invasion. Gary Austin, Calvin Strom, David Marshall, Pete Stahl, PIs. Funded by BP, KC Harvey and WRRC.
- Quantifying sagebrush structure on ecological sites in the Upper Green River Basin. Ginger Paige, Matt Holloran, Ann Hild, PIs. Funded by T. Thorne Sage Grouse Conservation Fund.
- Carbon rich soil amendments for ecological restoration of drastically disturbed rangeland sites. Jay Norton, Pete Stahl, Matt Anderson, Jen Faulkner PIs. Funded by UW Ag. Exp. Stat., Encana, QEP, Terra Firma.