WWAMI is Wyoming's Medical School! The University of Wyoming participates in the WWAMI Medical Education Program, which is affiliated with the University of Washington School of Medicine (UWSOM) in Seattle, Washington.
WWAMI is an acronym for the five states that participate in this program:
Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho. The UWSOM curriculum, content and testing is the same at all WWAMI sites. Students that complete this four-year medical education program receive their doctor of medicine degree (M.D.) from the UWSOM.
The WWAMI program reserves twenty seats each year for qualified Wyoming residents . Students accepted to the program spend their first year on the University of Wyoming campus and the second year at the UWSOM. The third and fourth years are spent at selected clinical sites throughout the WWAMI region.
* WWAMI Curriculim
* How to Apply & Preprofessional Advising
* Physician Shadowing Information
* Orientation Schedule
* White Coat Ceremony
* Useful Links
* Current Entering class: Student profiles, First Year preceptors
* Current and past WWAMI classes:Composite photos
* Class Representatives
* The TRUST Program
* Student Resources: Health Insurance Information, Student Health Services