A collage of decorated mortar boards from graduation.

Pre-Transfer Credit Evaluation

Pre-Transfer Course Evaluation is a service provided to prospective undergraduate students looking to plan their transfer to the University of Wyoming. We will provide a preliminary evaluation of transfer course equivalency based on unofficial transcripts to facilitate as smooth a transition to UW as possible.

Accepted students must submit official transcripts to Admissions. At that time, the Office of the Registrar will perform an official evaluation.

Please note that we are unable to provide a PreTCE for international, Joint Services (JST)/military, second bachelor’s transcripts, graduate-level coursework, or students applying for readmission to UW after a period of absence.

Prepare, transfer, graduate.

  • Determine how your credit will transfer to UW
  • Identify coursework to take prior to transfer
  • Discuss the next steps to applying to UW
  • Connect to helpful campus resources



Start your Pre-Transfer Credit Evaluation Here


Click Here to Request a Pre-Transfer Credit Evaluation


Wondering if a single class will transfer without submitting your entire transcript? Use our Transfer Check form to evaluate single course eligibility.




Please click on the links above based on if you are transferring from a Wyoming community college or an out-of-state college or university.


Wyoming Community College Students:

Students enrolled in a Wyoming Community College are able to obtain immediate course equivalencies by logging in to the WyoTransfer web page with their community college login. Click here to go to WyoTransfer.


Out-of-State Students:

You will be directed to a very simple form and asked to provide some basic information, including uploading PDF copies of all of your transcript(s). Transcripts can be unofficial copies or scanned images of official transcripts. Please do not submit screen shots.

Please be sure that each transcript lists your name and the name of the college/university along with the location (city and state), even if it is hand-written.

If you transferred coursework to your current institution, we cannot review the course based on how your current institution transferred it. We will need a transcript from the college/university where you originally took the course(s).

Once you successfully complete the form and upload your information we will review your credit and email/provide you with a Pre TCE. An admissions advisor will contact you to discuss what next steps look like for you to successfully transfer to UW.