Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

All School Withdrawal Process

All-school withdrawals may impact access to student services and resources. Students with questions about whether or not withdrawing for the semester will limit their access to specific services and resources should contact those offices PRIOR to completing the all-school withdrawal process.

Some common resource and service questions from students include:

Financial Aid: email or call 307-766-2116

Student Health Insurance: email or call 307-766-3025

Student Health Clinic: email or call 307-766-2130

On-campus Housing and Meal Plans: email or call 307-766-3175, or contact your Resident Coordinator directly.


All-school withdrawals refer to a student removing all of their currently enrolled courses from their registration. Students who wish to reduce their overall enrollment, but remain in one or more classes, can withdraw individually from courses by logging into their student account via WyoWeb. If a student is enrolled in only one course, an all-school withdrawal is needed to remove that one course.


STEP 1 - Student Financial Aid:

All students who are withdrawing must visit with the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to discuss the impact of withdrawal on your scholarships, loans, federal financial aid, or any other form of financial aid. If you are receiving federal financial aid, the Student Financial Aid office will need verification of your last class attendance or activity for each course from each of your instructors. OSFA staff will discuss this process and provide the form needed to meet this requirement. This step may require additional time so please give yourself ample time to complete the withdrawal process before the deadline.

Financial Aid: email or call 307-766-2116.

STEP 2 - Housing:

If you live off campus, you can contact the Dean of Students Office. If you live in on campus housing, an all school withdrawal will terminate your contract with Residence Life and you will be required to move out of campus housing within 24 hours of your withdrawal being finalized. Please contact your Resident Coordinator if you need additional time to complete your move out.

Email or call 307-766-3175, or contact your Resident Coordinator directly.

STEP 3 - Dean of Students Office:

Once you have spoken with Student Financial Aid and Residence Life (if applicable), you must meet with a Dean of Students Office staff member. Please email DOS or call the Dean of Students Office at 307-766-3296 to schedule an appointment. Only the student is able to complete the withdrawal, except in extraordinary circumstances where the student is incapacitated to the point of being unable to engage in the withdrawal process. 

Email or call 307-766-3296.

STEP 4 - Withdrawal Finalized:

Once you have met with the Dean of Students Office and confirmed your withdrawal, DOS office staff will forward your withdrawal request to Student Financial Aid and the Registrar's Office for processing. At that point, your withdrawal will be entered in the computerized registration system to change your academic record for the semester and record your withdrawal. The day your information is entered into the computer will be considered your official withdrawal date from UW.

Note: Process must be completed prior to the semester deadline in order to withdraw.

Contact Us

Dean of Students Office

Knight Hall 128

Dept. 3135, 1000 E. University Dr.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-3296

Fax: 307-766-3298


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon