- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
For the MA programs in International Studies and Polticial Science: The deadline for Graduate Assistantships for the Fall term is February 1st for Political Science and International Studies. Applications are accepted year-round, on a rolling basis, until August 15th for that Fall semester. However, applications received by the February 1st deadline will receive priority consideration in the assistantship award process.
For the MPA program: Graduate Assistantship applications received by March 15th will receive priority consideration for the following academic year. Applications are accepted year-round, on a rolling basis, however, applications received by the March 15th deadline will receive priority consideration in the assistantship award process.
For more information on Graduate Assistantships: Please visit the University of Wyoming Graduate Assistantship information page.
To apply for a Graduate Assistantship in SPPAIS:
The following questions must be answered within your UW graduate program application under the “Program Questions” section:
1. Please list any additional degree information not previously added in the Education History section (i.e. majors, minors, and/or concentrations completed). For any graduate degrees previously obtained, please also list your research advisor if relevant:
2. List any Honors or other Awards you have received:
3. List any publications you have completed including full bibliographic information:
4. List the languages in which you are proficient:
5. Summarize your teaching experiences, research experiences, and/or other professional experiences that you believe would be relevant to your success as a Graduate Assistant (whether a Teaching or Research Assistant):
6. Why are you interested in a Graduate Assistantship?:
7. Other than a Graduate Assistantship, what other economic resources (including governmental aid and scholarships) would be available to you to fund your graduate studies?