Applying for Hathaway Scholarships at the University of Wyoming
Applying to use your Hathaway Scholarship at UW is easy! Follow this process and timeline:
- Apply for admission early in your senior year and supply a current copy of your high school transcript and ACT or SAT score.
- The UW Admissions Office will provisionally award your Hathaway Scholarship if and when you are admitted. NOTE: Initial awards are made by UW based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores only. Final determination of your scholarship level will be made upon receipt of your final high school transcript which will indicate the courses you have taken that meet the requirements of the Hathaway Scholarship. If you have any questions about how your high school coursework may, or may not meet the requirements of Hathaway, you should consult with your high school counselor. All decisions regarding coursework eligibility are left to your school.
- Complete your admission file by supplying your final high school transcript upon graduation and provide any new test scores you may have.
- At this time the Admissions Office will instruct you to complete the Hathaway Eligibility Verification Form to complete your application for a Hathaway Scholarship. Students will verify their eligibility for the scholarship via this form and indicate their intent to use the scholarship upon enrollment if appropriate.
- The UW Admissions Office will inform you of your final Hathaway Scholarship award shortly thereafter.
- To qualify for the corresponding need portion of a student's eligible Hathaway Scholarship, the student must submit the FAFSA. The UW Financial Aid Office will determine a student's eligibility for the need portion of the Hathaway Scholarship beginning March 1st for the upcoming next school year. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA by mid-February so that they can be considered for other federal aid.