History Day Forms
Resources for Students (pdf)
2014 Wyoming History Day Contest
The theme for 2014 is "Rights and Responsibilities in History." Read the full 2014 theme description to learn more at the National History Day website.
2014 Contest possible topics:
Please review the directions for registering (PDF). District-specific information is detailed below.
- Region 1 (Park, Washakie, and Big Horn Counties): February 26, 2014 / Worland Middle School / Coordinator: Suzanne Dorn.
- Region 2 (Crook, Campbell, Johnson, Niobrara, Sheridan, and Weston Counties): March 21, 2014 / Sheridan College in Sheridan, WY / Coordinator: Sharie Prout
- Region 3 (Natrona and Converse Counties): March 22, 2014 /Casper, WY - location TBD / Coordinator: Ruth Putnam, 307-253-4318
- Region 4 (Laramie, Platte, and Goshen Counties): March 19, 2014 / 9:00a.m. / Laramie County Community College (Cheyenne) / Coordinator: Mary Jo Birt, 307-322-1518; Jennifer Calvetti, 307-771-2680.
- Region 5 (Albany and Carbon Counties): March 28, 2014, 9:00 am / UW American Heritage Center in Laramie, WY / Coordinator: Cynthia Webb, 307-721-2155
- Region 6 (Hot Springs, Fremont, and Teton Counties): JUNIOR DIVISION: February 25, 2014 - beginning at 8:30am - Fremont Co. Library / Lander. SENIOR DIVISION: March 3 - Riverton High School / Coordinator: Gayla Hammer, 307-332-6690
- Region 7 (Uinta, Sweetwater, Lincoln, and Sublette Counties): March 19, 2014 / Boces Building in Pinedale, WY, 8:00 am / Coordinator: Ann Noble, 307-367-4209
State Competition 2014
The state competition will occur on April 7, 2014, at the University of Wyoming, in Laramie. Register by 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, April 1, 2014. Deadlines for submitting papers and Web sites is also Tuesday, April 1, 2014, at 11:59 p.m.
Submit 3 hard copies of your paper to:Wyoming History DayDept. 3924, 1000 E. University Ave.Laramie, WY 82071-2000
or an electronic copy of your paper to email@example.com.
Use the same address for submitting process papers and annotated bibliographies to be considered for scholarships and some special awards. Check awards in the on-line registration program.
2014 WHD State Contest Results
Schedule of Events 2014 (subject to change)
- Registration (Hilton Garden Inn, Business Center)
- Sunday April 6, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday April 7, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Exhibit Set-Up (Hilton Garden Inn Ballroom and Salons C & D)
- Sunday April 6, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday April 7, 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Storage for Performance Props (Sunday April 6, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- Junior Groups in room 206 UW Student Union 2nd Floor
- Junior Individuals in Garden Room #2 in Hilton Garden Inn
- All Senior Entries in the Stock Growers Room in the AHC 2nd Floor
- Orientations for Judges
- Sunday April 6, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Hilton Garden Inn, Salon E)
- Monday April 7, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Hilton Garden Inn Salon E (Continental Breakfast provided Monday morning for judges.)
- Competitions (Monday April 7, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- All Senior Papers, Documentaries, Web Sites, and Performances - American Heritage Center
- Junior Group and Individual Documentaries - UW Student Union
- Junior Group Performances – UW Student Union
- Junior Individual Performances – Hilton Garden Inn Garden Rooms
- Junior Papers – Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Board Rooms
- Junior & Senior Exhibits - Hilton Garden Inn Ballroom Salosn C & D
- Junior Group Web Sites –Hilton Garden Inn Salons F & F2
- Junior Individual Web Sites - American Heritage Center (Rentschler and Rouse rooms)
- Lunches (Monday April 7, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Participants, Teachers, Chaperones - Hilton Garden Inn Salons A & B
- Judges - Hilton Garden Inn Salon E
- Awards Ceremony (Monday April 7, 4:00 p.m.) U.W. Ball Room
- National Qualifiers Meeting (Monday April 7, 5:00 p.m.) U.W. Ball Room
National Competition 2014
The national competition will be held June 15-19, 2014, at the University of Maryland, College Park.