The Department of Art Faculty has identified the following objectives of its undergraduate curriculum. We are actively assessing our students' progress through the Department of Art. The following are the learning outcomes we expect to see each student with either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree have proficiency in upon graduation:
- Students will have demonstrable skills in their area of emphasis. These skills include formal and conceptual applications of foundation principles within their primary media.
- Students will be well versed in critical theory and able to apply knowledge of current trends in context with their own work.
- Students will be able to express their ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Students will have a broad understanding of Art History and an ability to apply Art Historical context to their own work.
- Students will have evidence of their proficiency in visual art by graduation. This will be through final critiques in advanced art studio classes or, in the case of students tracking the BFA, an exhibition of their thesis work, demonstrating thematic consistency and technical skill and an artist statement that addresses the work for review.