Department 3254, 1000 E. University
Laramie, WY 82070
College of Arts and Sciences Spring Commencement 2016
Saturday, May 14
Cap and gown pick up: May 12-13 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and May 14 at 7 a.m., Union Senate Chambers
Information for degree candidates
Graduating students need to arrive at the Uniwyo Sports Complex no later than 12:15 p.m. (Enter through the Fieldhouse North doorway, located across from Portal 15.)
Tables will be centered on the Complex floor. Look for the table labeled with the first letter of your last name to find your reader card. (DO NOT LOSE YOUR READER CARD!)
Volunteers will direct you to line up along the Complex perimeter.
All degree candidates must take their places in line no later than 12:30 p.m.
- Undergraduates will line up with their department/program and will be led by a faculty member.
- Master's candidates will line up together in no particular order.
- Ph.D. candidates will ine up together in no particular order.
The procession to the Arena begins at 12:45 p.m. and will consist of two lines. Please stay in your designated line.
- Photographers will take your portrait photo as you exit the Sports Complex.
Once seated, graduates will be given direction to approach the stage, row-by-row.
- First, undergraduates will approach the stage with their departments.
- Master's candidates will approach the stage after the undergraduates.
- Ph.D. candidates will approach the stage after the master's candidates.
When you reach the podium, hand the reader your name card.
Proceed downstage to the dignitary to receive your diploma and handshake. (Master's and Ph.D. candidates will be hooded.)
Return to your seat.
- There is no recession. Everyone sings Ragtime Cowboy Joe to end the ceremony.
Return your cap and gown to the University Store IMMEDIATELY after the ceremony. Late fees are assessed, beginning MAY 16!
- Please note that participating in commencement DOES NOT guarantee that you have completed all requirements for your degree.
Information for spectators
- The A&S ceremony will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.
- Enter the Arena Auditorium through the Willet West, Campus, and Stadium entrances.
- Handicapped parking spaces are located in the drive on the east side of the Arena Auditorium.
- Wheelchair seating is at the concourse level.
- Closed captioning and American sign language will be used during the ceremony.
- Broadcast via Wyocast will be available on-demand.
President's Picnic Lunch
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., all graduates and their families and friends are invited to a FREE picnic lunch.
- Site one: War Memorial Fieldhouse
- Site two: Union Yellowstone Ballroom