Sidebar Site Navigation
Dr. Sreejayan Nair, Director
Health Sciences Ctr Room 484
1000 E. University Ave., Dept. 3375
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6138
Fax: (307) 766-2953
Biomedical Science Graduate PhD Admissions
Admission information for the Biomedical Science Graduate PhD program are outlined below.
There is no specific deadline for applications but applications are best received prior to February 1.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements may be accepted at the discretion of the Biomedical Science faculty.
- Faculty sponsor. Contact potential faculty sponsors in your area of interest prior to submitting an application.
- Official academic transcripts from a regionally accredited institution. One or more semesters of biology, physics, anatomy, physiology, chemistry, biochemistry/molecular biology, math are recommended. A minimum GPA of 3.25 is recommended. Note: a M.S. is not required for admissions into the Ph.D. BMS program, however, a strong background in science, engineering, technology and math is required. At the discretion of the faculty, applicants may have the opportunity to address deficiencies after admissions to the BMS program.
- Official GRE scores. A minimum GRE of 1100 (quantitative and verbal combined) is recommended.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- Letter of interest stating research & career interests and goals, prior research experience and outcomes, reasons for interest in BMS program. Include your contact information in the letter.
- Request for a graduate assistantship.
- Application fee
- For international students without a graduate degree from an English speaking, an official TOEFL (minimum of 540 written exam or 76 Internet exam ) or ELTS (minimum of 6.0) is required.
Please e-mail all applications materials including letters of reference as pdf or docs files to Dr. Sreejayan Nair at email@example.com. For pre-admission evaluation, informal GRE and TOEFFL scores and university transcripts are acceptable and no application fee is required. It is recommended that applicants contact prospective Biomedical Science faculty prior to application in order to determine mutual interest. Prior to admission a faculty advisor must be identified. If a faculty member is NOT identified in the application, materials will be sent to the BMS faculty-at-large for assessment.
Pre-admission evaluation will be done by the Biomedical Science admission committee and the home department of the selected faculty advisor. Following this process, formal GRE and TOEFFL scores and university transcripts are required. There is a $50 application fee for formal admission to the University of Wyoming.