Henry Therkildsen was born and raised in Laramie, Wyoming. He received a B.S. in Architectural Engineering in 1950 from UW. After graduation he spent four years in the U.S. Air Force where he flew in all-weather interceptor jet aircraft.
After his return to Wyoming, he received his architectural license and established his office for the general practice of architecture in Casper, Wyoming in 1957. During the next 33 years he provided complete architectural services for over 220 significant building projects including educational, medical, industrial, religious, governmental, criminal justice, commercial and residential. He received various awards, including a National Award of Merit for the Casper Medical Clinic building. Other notable projects include the Converse County Courthouse, the Pharmacy and Geological Survey Buildings at UW, the Natrona County Library, the National Black-footed Ferret Facility in Sybille Canyon, and the Cheyenne Medical Building.
Through his commitment to excellence in architecture, he has made significant contributions in and out of the state of Wyoming with his innovative designs of some of the most beautiful, practical public and private buildings.