|Cent$ible Nutrition Program|
in Albany County
What is happening this summer:
- A NEW series will be on Wednesdays, starting July 15 from 6-7:30 PM at the Feeding Laramie Valley Building at LaBonte Park. Come check out what you’ll get to learn!
- Ever wanted to grow your own food but not sure where to start? We are piloting a BRAND NEW series that will include spending time gardening and growing the food we’ll work with! Classes will be on Tuesdays, starting July 21 from 6-8 PM.
- Beginning Saturday, August 1, Sandra will have a new series at Laramie Square (formerly Senior Housing) at 10:30 AM. The class will be at the same time as the Feeding Laramie Valley drop-off. Participants will get the bonus of learning how to use the produce in their share!
- 7/23: Commodity Drop-off - Sandra will have information about CNP and recipes for how to use the canned salmon in this month's drop-off.
- 9/19, 11-3: Community Baby Shower – We will be providing information about CNP and have a hands-on “make your own baby food” activity. If you are a new or expecting parent, this will be a great resource to learn about services in the community! The event will be in the Ivinson Memorial Hospital Atrium.
- CNP provides one-time classes at WIC twice a month.
Sandra is so excited to be able to provide recipe samples at both farmer’s markets this year. These samples will feature ingredients that can be purchased at market! Samples, recipes, and information about CNP will be provided as well.
She will be at Thursday markets at Undine Park on 7/2, 7/16, 7/30, 8/13, 8/27, 9/10, and 9/24.
She will be at Friday Markets on 7/10, 7/24, 8/7, 8/21, 9/4, and 9/18.
SNAP will be accepted at both markets this year. At the Friday downtown markets, users of SNAP will have their dollars matched by 50%-If you spend $20 of your SNAP benefits, you will receive $30 in tokens to use on fresh food!