College of Engineering and Applied Science
Graduate Student Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in graduate education in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Wyoming. Our department offers a Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the Chemical Engineering program. The link at the bottom of this page will allow you to apply for graduate study via an electronic application system.
Before proceeding, please read the following!
Deadlines to submit applications:
- The deadline to submit application credentials is February 1, 2018.
- Applications can be filed electronically starting as early as September 1, 2017 and may be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- You will be informed of an admission decision no later than April 1, 2018.
Late applications will not be considered, but may be kept on file for consideration during a subsequent application cycle.
Minimum criteria for admission:
- GRE scores with a minimum of 305 (verbal/quantitative combined)(new exam) or 1150 (old exam).
- TOEFL scores (for international students only) with a minimum score of 80. Or IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above.
Other required materials:
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have previously attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose.
If you meet the minimum criteria and would like to proceed, please click on the link below:
***Please note that for the online application, you will need to upload unofficial documents for the initial review. You will not need to mail unofficial copies of your scores, statement of purpose or transcripts. If admitted, then you will need to send official GRE & TOEFL (or IELTS) scores from ETS and also official transcripts from your university. All applicants will be considered for any available funding.