Forms for Current Students
Anticipated Graduation Date
Change of Major and Degree Status (.doc)- adds certificate programs
New Committee Assignment (new July 2015)
Committee Change Form (new September 2015)
Continuous Registration Form
Graduate Assistantship Application form - should be turned into the Dean's office
Graduate Student Handbook
Exception Request -online version, choose Exception Request from menu
Individual Study Course Form
Program of Study Masters (new September 2015)
Program of Study Doctoral (new September 2015)
Report of Final Examination Form
Report on Preliminary Examination Form for doctoral students admission to candidacy
Six Year Rule Petition
Master's Program Worksheet
Master's Program Worksheet for post-bacc students ONLY - all other students must use program worksheet above
Master's Program Worksheet for National Board Certification
Master's Core Course Rotation (2015-2019 for planning purposes)
EdD Program Worksheet
PhD in Science Education Program Worksheet
PhD in Curriculum Studies Program Worksheet
EDRE (Ed Research) course offerings - use in planning out your required research courses on your program of study or worksheet
Thesis and Dissertation Resources
Dissertation/Thesis Approval Information
UW Thesis and Dissertation Guide
Links for Current Students
Additional Graduate Student Forms
Registrar's Graduate Student Forms
Student Financial Aid
Tips for Filling Out Forms
For any form that requires information on dept./program, major, and option/concentration, please use the following:
For all students, the Dept./Program is Curriculum & Instruction.
For MA and EdD students, the Major is Education. For PhD students, the Major is Curriculum & Instruction.
For MA and EdD students, the option/concentration is Curriculum & Instruction. For PhD students, it is your respective area of focus: Curriculum Studies, Literacy Education, Mathematics Education, or Science Education.
For any form that requires an id number, always use your W#. Never put your social security number on forms. W#s can be looked up through WyoWeb.
For Committee Assignment questions, click here for the latest memo.
If you have any questions about forms, please contact the C&I Office Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-766-6371) or your advisor (find your advisor's contact information here).
Steps to Complete to Graduate
- Form a graduate committee and fill out a Program of Study, being sure to include all core courses, and get committee approval. See above for more details on this form.
- Complete all coursework on approved Program of Study.
- The semester you intend to graduate, you must do the following:
- Be enrolled in at least one credit. If all of your coursework is complete, you can enroll in continuous registration.
- Submit an anticipated graduation date form to the Registrar's office as early in the semester as possible (or the semester prior). This form should be signed by you. If there are problems with any of your paperwork at this time, you will be contacted by the Registrar's office and/or the C&I Office Associate.
- Fill out and have your committee sign the Report of Final Examination Form at the defense or at their approval. Dissertation and Plan A Thesis students must sign the form, but Plan B non-thesis students do not need to do so. This form should then be given to the C&I Office Associate for other signatures and delivery to the Registrar. This form is not needed if you are ONLY doing a graduate certificate.
- Students doing a dissertation or thesis must submit their completed work to Proquest. See the Thesis and Dissertation guide above for details. Plan B students do not need to submit their completed work to anyone but the committee.
- Pay the graduation fee to the Registrar's Office. Please contact them for details.
- Students who wish to participate in the College of Education graduation ceremony should contact Debbie Beck. The ceremony is held only once per year at the end of the Spring semester. Students may graduate in Fall or Summer as well, but if they want to participate in the ceremony, they must walk at the next Spring commencement.
- All paperwork must be complete and submitted prior to the last day of class you wish to graduate. This varies by semester but is typically the first week of December for Fall, the last week of April for Spring, and the first week of August for Summer. Exact dates can be found on the University calendar.