1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82070
Preferred Drug List (PDL)
The 2015 PDL, which is subject to change, is available for review. If you have any comments, please submit them prior to Decmeber 15, 2014. Comments may be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail to: Wyoming Drug Utilization Review Board, Dept. 3375, 1000 E. University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071.
The Wyoming Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL) including step utilization for anti-depressant medications and prior authorization information is available at the Wyoming EqualityCare Pharmacy Provider website. To view the current PDL, please visit www.wymedicaid.org.
Public Comment at Meetings
A new policy for public comment at meetings is effective December 1, 2012.
PhRMA Guidelines and PhRMA Comment Request Form (updated December 3, 2012)
Public Guidelines and Public Comment Request Form (updated December 3, 2012)
The following prior authorization criteria were approved at the May 14, 2015 P & T Committee meeting.
- The Hepatitis C prior authorization criteria will be updated to require a hepatitis B test no more than 30 days prior to the request. In addition, a patient form acknowledging the prescribed treatment and that Medicaid will only pay for one treatment per lifetime will be added to the prior authorization form.
- The Committee did not find evidence of safety or efficacy advantages with Mircera versus the existing epoetin products. The Department of Health will conduct a cost analysis and determine its coverage relative to the existing products.
- Movantik and Relistor will require the diagnosis of opioid-induced constipation and a three month trial of a secretory agent prior to approval.
- Cholbam will be limited to its indication.
- Cosentyx was determined to have evidence of safety and efficacy benefits over Enbrel for plaque psoriasis. The Department of Health will conduct a cost analysis and determine placement on the Preferred Drug List.
- The utilization of duplicate antidepressants was reviewed and discussed. Prior authorization will be required for concurrent use. Exceptions to this rule will include trazodone, tricyclic antidepressants and SSRIs with bupropion or mirtazapine.
Comments may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Wyoming Drug Utilization Review Board, Dept. 3375, 1000 E. University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071. Comments should be received prior to June 30, 2015.
Agenda May 14, 2015
Minutes May 14, 2015
Wednesday, February 18; Thursday, May 14; Thursday, August 13; Thursday, November 12
All meetings are at 10 am at Laramie County Community College. Please see agenda for room location.