The Importance of Food Safety Regulations
Sidebar Site Navigation
Food and Nutrition Specialist
Laramie, WY 82071
Educational Resources - Food Preservation
Rising food costs have persuaded many people to plant gardens. You may be thinking about preserving your harvest for the first time—or dusting off old canning equipment. Food preservation has evolved over the years. With the knowledge of what foodborne illnesses can occur, it is important to use proper procedures and tested recipes to prepare safe preserved foods.
For program cost and availability within Wyoming, click here to identify the University of Wyoming Extension educator nearest you.
Available UW Extension Publications (pdfs):
- Canner's Corner -
- So, you want to be a home canner? (Publication: MP-119-1)
- The time is ripe for summer melons (Publication: MP-119-2)
- A taste of tomatoes (Publication: MP-119-3)
- Step-by-step canning of high acid foods (Publication: MP-119-4)
- Some like ‘em hot! (Publication: MP-119-5)
- ‘Sweet' sweet corn (Publication: MP-119-6)
- When it's good to be in a pickle (Publication: MP-119-7)
- What's so great about apples? (Publication: MP-119-8)
- ‘Berry' good choices (Publication: MP-119-9)
- Pies in minutes (Publication: MP-119-10)
- Rhubarb - Real pucker power! (Publication: MP-119-11)
- Making canning work for you (Publication: MP-119-12)
- Making Jerky Safely - From UW Extension "Barnyards and Backyards"
- Preserving Food in Wyoming