Sidebar Site Navigation
Rock Physics and Reservoir Modeling
Office: Geology 223
Geology & Geophysics, Dept.3006
University of Wyoming
Laramie, WY 82071
Geophysics, PhD, Stanford University, 2013
Geophysics, MS, Stanford University, 2013
Applied mathematics, MS, University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy), 2006
Mathematics, MS, University of Pavia, 2005
Mathematics, BS, University of Pavia, 2003
- Grana D., Paparozzi E., Mancini S., and Tarchiani C., 2013, Seismic driven probabilistic classification of reservoir facies for static reservoir modelling: a case history in the Barents Sea, Geophysical prospecting, 61 (3), 613-629.
- Grana D., Mukerji T., Dvorkin J., and Mavko G., 2012, Stochastic inversion of facies from seismic data based on sequential simulations and probability perturbation method, Geophysics, 77 (4), M53-M72.
- Grana D., Mukerji T., Dovera L., and Della Rossa E., 2012, Sequential Simulations of Mixed Discrete-Continuous Properties: Sequential Gaussian mixture Simulation, Geostatistics Oslo 2012, Quantitative Geology and Geostatistics, Volume 17, 239-250.
- Grana D., Pirrone M., and Mukerji T., 2012, Quantitative log interpretation and uncertainty propagation of petrophysical properties and facies classification from rock physics modeling and formation evaluation analysis, Geophysics, 77 (3), WA45–WA63.
- Grana D. and Mukerji T., 2012, Sequential Bayesian Gaussian mixture linear inversion of seismic data for elastic and reservoir properties estimation, SEG Expanded Abstracts 32, 1-5.
- Grana D., Dvorkin J., and Cibin P., 2011, Factor analysis prediction of effective stress from measurable rock attributes and calibration data, First Break, 29 (7), 63-72.
- Grana D., Mukerji T., and Dvorkin J., 2011, Single loop inversion of facies from seismic data using sequential simulations and probability perturbation method, SEG Expanded Abstracts 30, 1769-1773.
- Grana D. and Dvorkin J., 2011, The link between seismic inversion, rock physics, and geostatistical simulations in seismic reservoir characterization studies, The Leading Edge, 30 (1), 54-61.
- Grana D. and Della Rossa E., 2010, Probabilistic petrophysical-properties estimation integrating statistical rock physics with seismic inversion, Geophysics 75 (3), O21-O37.
- Grana D., Amato del Monte A., and Dvorkin, 2010, A probabilistic approach to 3D joint estimation of reservoir properties based on Gaussian Mixture Models, J., SEG Expanded Abstracts 29, 2351-2355.
- Roncarolo F. and Grana D., 2010, Improved Reservoir Characterization Integrating Seismic Inversion, Rock Physics Model, and Petroelastic Log Facies Classification: A Real Case Application, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Florence, SPE-134919.
- Grana D. and D'Agosto C., 2010, Volcanic Rock Estimation and Uncertainty Evaluation from Surface and Crosswell Seismic Data, EAGE Expanded Abstract.
- Grana D., Cibin P., and Dvorkin J., 2010, Pore Pressure Prediction from Seismic Attributes Based on Factor Analysis, EAGE Expanded Abstract.
- Grana D., Della Rossa E., and D'Agosto C., 2009, Petrophysical properties estimation in a crosswell study integrated with statistical rock physics, SEG Expanded Abstracts 28, 1805.
I am a geophysicist with a background in mathematics and statistics and my research interests are: rock physics, seismic reservoir characterization, inverse problems, geostatistics, and time-lapse reservoir modeling. These are the topics that are the present focus of my research:
- Bayesian inversion of time-lapse seismic data for reservoir property estimation,
- Velocity-pressure relation in clastic reservoirs,
- Joint inversion of EM and seismic data,
- Seismic history matching.
The Geology & Geophysics Department offers a wide range of courses in geophysics. In the coming semesters I will be teaching Rock Physics and Reservoir Modeling.
Students interested in working on one of the topics listed above are welcome to contact me at my email address.