Global Resource Navigation
WyGEC - Resource Center
Aging Division, Wyoming Department of Health - "is committed to providing care, ensuring safety and and
promoting independent choices for Wyoming's older adults. The division includes
five sections: Senior Services Section, Healthcare Licensing and Surveys, Wyoming Pioneer Home, Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Wyoming Retirement Center."
- Administration on Aging - "The mission of AoA is to develop a comprehensive,
coordinated and cost-effective system of home and community-based services that
helps elderly individuals maintain their health and independence in their homes
and communities." AoA programs include: Older Americans Act & Aging Network, Home & Community Based Long-Term Care, Elder Rights Protection, Health, Prevention , and Wellness Program. Also look for information for Elders & Families, Emergency Preparedness, Aging Statistics, and Grant Opportunities.
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) - mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and
effectiveness of health care for all Americans. As 1 of 12 agencies within the
Department of Health and Human Services, AHRQ supports research that helps
people make more informed decisions and improves the quality of health care
services. This web site is both searchable and browsable by topic. Sections include: Clinical Information, Consumers & Patients, Funding Opportunities, Data & Surveys, Research Findings, Priority Populations, Quality & Patient Safety, and Health IT. AHRQ also maintains National Guideline Clearinghouse and National Quality Measures Clearinghouse.
- AgingStats: Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistics - plays "a key role by critically evaluating existing data
resources and limitations, stimulating new database development, encouraging
cooperation and data sharing among Federal agencies, and preparing
collaborative statistical reports." Sections in the report include: Population, Economics, Health Status, Health Risks & Behaviors, and Health Care.
- CDC: Healthy Aging - Provides information on Emergency Preparedness for Older Adults, Healthy Aging Topics, and Interactive Data Tools.
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) - The VA provides services for military veterans. For information on services for aging veterans, use the search box in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Food and Drug Administration - The FDA web site provides information for Consumers & Patients, Health Professionals, Scientists & Researchers and Industry. The site is searchable and browsable by topic. Additional sections include: Food, Drugs, Medical Devices, Vaccines, Blood & Biologics, and Radiation Emitting Products.
- Medicare - the official Medicare web site offers information for patients and for facilities & physicians.
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) - "one of the 27 Institutes and Centers of the NIH, has been
at the forefront of the Nation's research activities dedicated to understanding
the nature of aging, supporting the health and well being of older adults, and
extending healthy, active years of life for more people. NIA offers information for the public, researchers and health care providers.
- National Rehabilitation Information Center (NRIC) - an agency of the Department of Education and National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), NRIC provides a gateway to an abundance of disability- and
rehabilitation-oriented information organized in a variety of formats designed
to make it easy for users to find and use. Resources for researchers include three databases: REHABDATA, NIDRR Project Database, and the NARIC Knowledgebase. Additional information is available for the public.
- Social Security Administration - provides information on retirement, disability, survivors, SSI, Medicare and business services.