|ATHLETIC ACADEMIC COORDINATOR - #4472
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at the University of Wyoming is seeking qualified applicants for an Athletics Academic Coordinator for sports to be determined. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with student-athletes regarding academic performance, class/major selection, developing a graduation plan, time management, goal setting, career planning, learning and study strategies, test taking, note taking and other skills necessary for academic success.
* Maintain accurate and current student files for assigned athletes.
* Manage all working relationships with student-athletes, coaches, staff, administrators and faculty.
* Represent athletic department on select campus committees
* Complete other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate AD.
At a minimum, the successful applicant for this position must possess:
* A Bachelor's degree,
* Experience in sports administration, athletic academic advising or related student-athlete services field (preferably at the Division I BCS level), and
* A working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Further consideration will be given to those applicants who possess:
* Demonstrated effective time management and communication skills,
* Experience working with diverse populations and “at risk” students/student-athletes,
* Experience with NCAA CAi and/or NCAA Eligibility Center websites
* Experience with student information systems (UW currently uses SCT's Banner system), and
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
More information on the University of Wyoming can be found at: www.uwyo.edu.
Application Materials Required:
Review of resumes and applications will begin immediately. While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit materials by July 24, 2014 to receive full consideration. The preferred start date is immediate. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time benefited position with salary commensurate with knowledge and experience. All candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and a list of three references to:
Athletics Academic Coordinator Search Committee, Attn: Phil Wille (Chairperson), 1000 East University Avenue, Dept 3414, Laramie, WY 82071
Email your formal application materials to email@example.com.