|DIRECTOR, LAW SCHOOL CAREER SERVICES - #0988
Department: College of Law
University of Wyoming College of Law
Director of Career Services
The University of Wyoming College of Law seeks a dynamic and creative Director for its Office of Career Services &; Professional Development who is committed to supporting student success and actively advancing best practices designed to increase student engagement, enhance career preparation, and assess learning outcomes. The Director will also provide strategic leadership, program development, innovative administration, and help cultivate student self-confidence, competencies, and connections that will lead to personally and professionally satisfying futures upon graduation. Specific duties include:
* Enhancing the University of Wyoming College of Law's Career Services brand, visibility, and value to internal and external constituents
* Managing professional development and career services activities at the highest standards of quality.
* Developing a close relationship with law students and providing one-on-one counseling on all issues related to professional development.
* Building and nurturing relationships with current and prospective employers in a wide range of state, regional, national, and international legal settings.
* Identifying and cultivating new placement opportunities with prospective employers, including face-to-face meetings whenever possible.
* Creating and delivering workshops aimed at providing students with information on diverse topics related to their career development.
* Designing a calendar of career, professional development, and educational programs for a student body with diverse goals and interests.
* Proposing and implementing effective data collection, analysis, and reporting systems that track appropriate performance measures. This includes preparing reports for the Dean, faculty, and others that accurately reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of the career services activity.
* Developing short-term and long-term strategies to address trends and changes in the legal marketplace.
* Increasing quality internship opportunities, on-campus and regional interviewing programs, and employment outcomes.
* Helping develop and monitor the College of Law's long-range strategic plan, manage an operational budget, and serve as a champion, advocate, role model, and mentor for University of Wyoming College of Law students.
* Participating and assisting in developing the College of Law's marketing and communications on career issues, including web and print materials;
* Working collaboratively with other offices and personnel in the College of Law
This is a twelve-month at-will position. Work-related travel will be necessary. We seek candidates that demonstrate excellent communication skills and that adapt well within new environments, who are entrepreneurial, and who are adept at teamwork and collaboration. The Career Services Office maintains a creative and collegial atmosphere and receives support from faculty and administration that makes it a satisfying work environment.
Qualified candidates will possess:
* Demonstrated administrative experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of career services, marketing, and legal markets.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and give presentations
* Demonstrated proficiency with database software
* Demonstrated aptitude for utilizing social media
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by application materials, references, and interview.
* A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
* A demonstrated understanding of the market for legal talent in multiple geographic regions.
Founded in 1886, the University of Wyoming is the only public university in Wyoming. UW enrolls more than 13,000 students in its baccalaureate, graduate, and professional education programs. UW combines major-university benefits and small-school advantages. As one of the “best value” and smaller law schools in the country (enrollment of around 225 law students), the UW College of Law offers the unique opportunity to obtain hands-on practical experience in a legal environment and close interaction with leading faculty. The school's alumni include federal and state judges, elected officials, business leaders, corporate counsel, partners of major law firms, and dedicated public servants. Set against the backdrop of Wyoming's scenic mountains and high plains, UW provides world-class research and teaching facilities. The main campus is in Laramie, approximately two hours north of Denver by car.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Application Materials Required:
APPLICATION: Applicants should submit a letter of application (reference position #0988), a resume/vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references, as email attachments to
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please apply by August 31, 2015. For more information about UW or UW College of Law, we invite you to visit