Information Technology Fact Sheet 2014/2015
2,046 Student Computing Lab Nodes
- 1455 UWStudent nodes
- 591 non-standard nodes including Unix Lab, 4 MAC labs, kiosks, laptops, and others*
- 900,392 logins
- 11,466 unique users logged into the UWStudent lab system
- 1 hour 28 minutes is the average duration of a UWstudent login session
- 241 applications installed (69 standard and 172 specialized)
*Non-standard nodes are nodes in specialized academic labs or public areas that are configured differently from the standardized UWStudent configuration and require individualized support.
Classroom Technology Support
- 302 technology equipped spaces supported
- These include:
- 212 Classrooms
- 90 Seminar Rooms, Training Rooms, Conference Rooms, Auditoriums
- 1296 WyoCast recordings
- 16 WyoCast special events
- 931 help tickets responded to and closed
- 16,973+ users supported (13,929 students, 3,044 faculty/staff (full-time benefited)*
- 9,360 incidents closed by consultants (past 12 months) with 97% customer satisfaction.
*Does not include part time Faculty/Staff, Retirees, Alumni, or visiting scholars.
- 17,667 calls answered with 75% first call resolution
- 3,569 Userhelp emails handled
- 670 chat sessions
Training for Faculty and Staff*
- 61 individual classes
- 184.5 hours of instruction through various delivery methods (instructor-led, one-on-one, computer-based, self-paced, and special request)
*Training offered over a 6 month period January-July 2014.
Applications and Database Support
- 90 Enterprise and Departmental applications supported
- 70 Oracle Databases supported
- 50 SQL Server instances supported
- 6,961 voice connections
- 14,092 data connections
- 4,903 work orders/trouble tickets
- 583 virtual servers
- 68 virtual desktops
- 59 physical servers – virtual hosts
- 25 physical servers – standalone
- 260 terabytes of high performance storage
- 800 terabytes of bulk storage
Mount Moran High Performance Computing
- 284 node cluster
- 4,544 cores
- 175 Teraflops
- 76 unique users
- 156,973 jobs run
- 8,551,156 core hours used
- 800 Terabytes of high performance storage on Bighorn
Annual Computing Survey
- 1,066 Student responses
- 4.09 Student Satisfaction Overall (least satisfied=1; most satisfied=5)
- 898 Faculty and Staff responses
- 3.9 Overall Faculty and Staff Satisfaction
Every April the Division of Information Technology asks students, faculty, and staff to respond to an on-line survey to help IT improve future service offerings and support. Key questions rate satisfaction with IT Services on a scale of 1 to 5.
In 2015 students were most satisfied that their technology needs are met by UW/IT (4.11).The specific service they were most satisfied with was their UWyo email account (4.35). Students most desired more wireless locations (4.16).
Faculty/staff were most satisfied that technology needs are met (4.00) and with IT responsiveness to problems (3.93). The specific service faculty and staff were most satisfied with was their UWyo email account (4.28). Faculty and staff most desired more wireless locations and bandwidth.