Jacoby Golf Course Men's Club
Men's Club News:
- The Kickoff Event has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday evening, May 5th! Please sign-up at the THURSDAY SIGN UP link above. You will NOT be able to register at the course before it reopens on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- The 9 hole round (4 man scramble, blind draw) will start as normal promptly at 5:30pm with dinner and membership meeting to follow. We would like as many members as possible to attend. Please arrive early as there will be many others paying membership dues before the event.
- We are also reserving a block of tee times for any members that would like to play 9 holes in advance of the kickoff scramble. These 9-hole rounds will likely begin around 3pm (additional $10 fee, low gross/low net blind draw).
- 2016 Weekly Fees and Specials:
- $15 includes 9 hole round, dinner and one adult beverage
- $10 half cart fee (no additional cost if you are riding as a single)
- Up to 40% off of cash sales in the pro shop on Thursday nights (note: some items are already reduced as far as they can be and the discount excludes golf club purchases)
- In an effort to improve the experience of men’s club we will be changing the Jacoby Cup concept this year. An entry fee will not be required to participate. Beginning this season every member will participate in the Jacoby Park Men’s Golf Club Regular Season Champion race by virtue of being a member. We will document each members winnings over the course of the season’s Thursday events, and the member who amassed the most earnings will have their name placed on a new plaque as the regular season champion.
- Thursday May 5th: Low Gross/Low Net (Blind draw)
- Thursday May 12th: 2-Man Scramble (Pick your own partner)
- Thursday May 19th: 4-Man Shamble High/Low (Blind draw ABCD players)
- Thursday May 26th: 2-Man Best Ball (Pick your own partner)
- June 11th & 12th: Open Date (Match Play Format)
- June 18th & 19th: Silver Bullet
- July 4th: Firecracker Open
- July 15th: Night Golf
- July 23rd & 24th: Laramie Open
- July 30th & 31st: Latino Golf Classic
- August 27th & 28th: Club Championship
- TBD: Snow/Cross Country Scramble
Dues are $65
Weekly games are $15 plus greens fees.
Congratulations to the 2015 Jacoby Men's Club Champion:
2016 Club Championship will be held on August 27 - 28.
Rule of the Week:
Rule 14-1b: Anchoring the Club
In making a stroke, the player must not anchor the club, either "directly" or by use of an "anchor point."
Note 1: The club is anchored "directly" when the player intentionally holds the club or a gripping hand in contact with any part of his body, except that the player may hold the club or a gripping hand against a hand or forearm.
Note 2: An "anchor point" exists when the player intentionally holds a forearm in contact with any part of his body to establish a gripping hand as a stable point around which the other hand may swing the club.
Prohibition on anchoring the club while making a stroke – This rule prohibits anchoring the club either “directly” or by use of an “anchor point” in making a stroke. The penalty is loss of hole in match play or two strokes in stroke play. THIS IS NOT AN EQUIPMENT RULE.
WSGA Member Benefits: