Weather data provided by rssweather.com
3501 Willett Drive
Call for Tee Times
Laramie, WY 82071
Give Us Your Feedback!
Jacoby Golf Course Men's Club
Jacoby Men's Club Thursday Games – Registration is open every Monday morning beginning at 8:00 am. Please go to jmc.golfgenius.com to register or call the Jacoby Pro Shop if you are having difficulty. SIGN-UP CLOSES AT NOON ON THURSDAYS!
Men's Club News:
- Congratulations to High Plains Shootout flight winners Roger Sheaffer, Ken Schramm, Tim Stamp, Jim Caldwell and David Hvidston.
- A member in good standing and meeting all other aspects of the club championship and membership requirements may participate in the Club Championship if they:
- Play in at least three (3) JMC sanctioned events prior to the Club Championship (No entry fee for the Club Championship)
- Join JMC by May 31st of that calendar year and if unable to play in three (3) JMC sanctioned events prior to the Club Championship, pay an entry fee of $40.
- Men’s Club sanctioned events include any Men’s Club Thursday game, the Kickoff Scramble, Match Play, and Night Golf.
- Also as voted on during the general membership meeting, the match play generally contested over the course of the summer will become a weekend event scheduled on June 11th and 12th this year.
- Congrats to University of Wyoming head golf coach Joe Jensen for being named the Mountain West Men's Golf Coach of the Year!
- 2016 Weekly Fees and Specials:
- $15 includes 9 hole round, dinner and one adult beverage
- $10 half cart fee (no additional cost if you are riding as a single)
- Up to 40% off of cash sales in the pro shop on Thursday nights (note: some items are already reduced as far as they can be and the discount excludes golf club purchases)
- In an effort to improve the experience of men’s club we will be changing the Jacoby Cup concept this year. An entry fee will not be required to participate. Beginning this season every member will participate in the Jacoby Park Men’s Golf Club Regular Season Champion race by virtue of being a member. We will document each members winnings over the course of the season’s Thursday events, and the member who amassed the most earnings will have their name placed on a new plaque as the regular season champion.
- Thursday June 16th: Shark Shootout (Pick your own partner)
- June 18th & 19th: Silver Bullet
- Thursday June 23rd: Mulligans Format (Blind draw)
- Thursday June 30th: 2-Man Scramble (Pick your own partner)
- July 4th: Firecracker Open
- July 15th: Night Golf
- July 23rd & 24th: Laramie Open
- July 30th & 31st: Latino Golf Classic
- August 27th & 28th: Club Championship
- TBD: Snow/Cross Country Scramble
Dues are $65
Weekly games are $15 plus greens fees.
Congratulations to the 2015 Jacoby Men's Club Champion: Trevor Pilgrim
2016 Club Championship will be held on August 27 - 28.
Rule of the Week:
Q. What is the current method for adjusting my hole scores under Equitable Stroke Control (ESC)?
A. ESC is an adjustment of individual hole scores (for handicap purposes) in order to make handicaps more representative of a player's potential ability. ESC is applied after the round and is only used when the actual score or the most likely score exceeds a player’s maximum number. ESC sets a limit to the number of strokes a player can take on a hole depending on Course Handicap™. Apply ESC to all scores, including tournament scores. Below is the maximum number a player can take:
Please visit Section 4-3 of the USGA Handicap System manual for further reference.