Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Courses|College of Law

Trusts & Estates

Call Number: 10826
Course Number: 6330-01
Professor: Mark Glover
Credit Hours & Type of Credit: 3
Semester Offered: Fall
Required: No
Prerequisites: Students must have completed their first year of law school.
Recommended Courses: None

Course Overview: This is a survey course that also serves as an introduction to Estate Planning. The course covers the law of wills, trusts, and interstate succession. It also includes execution and revocation of wills; creation, modification, and termination of trusts; problems of construction; restrictions on testate transfers, and transfers in trust. The course covers some aspects of fiduciary administration, but not taxation.

Course Materials: See the current Book List located under Courses and Curriculum.
Course Format: The required textbook contains cases and problems that are included in the assigned reading. Lectures will cover the topics included in the assigned readings and students will be expected to be prepared to discuss cases assigned in the readings. Students will also be expected to prepare answers to assigned problems and be prepared to present their answers when called upon.
Written Assignments: None
Type of Exam: Final Exam
Basis for Grading Student Performance: Five percent (5%) of each students final grade will depend on class participation. There will be a final examination which will constitute the remaining ninety-five percent (95%) of each students final grade in the course. The final will seek to examine on any materials covered in the course during the semester and will likely consist of practical questions involving brief fact patterns.
Other Comments: This course is a prerequisite for Estate Planning, Gift and Estate Taxation, and the Estate Planning Practicum.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
 
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader