COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University, 1986.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1980.
- B.S. in Engineering Physics, Texas Tech University, 1978.
Areas of Expertise
Convective heat transfer, turbulent fluid mechanics, and optical diagnostics, with particular interest in problems related to gas turbine engines.
- Dellenback, P.A., 2006, “A Reassessment of the Alternative Regeneration Cycle”, ASME J. Eng. for Gas Turbines and Power, 128, no. 4, pp.783-88.
- Wu, W., P.A. Dellenback, P.K. Agarwal (posthumous), and H.W. Haynes, Jr., 2005, “Combustion of Isolated Bubbles in an Elevated-Temperature Fluidized Bed,” Combustion and Flame, 140, pp. 204-221.
- Dellenback, P.A., 2002, “Improved Gas Turbine Efficiency Through Alternative Regenerator Configuration,” J. of Eng. For Gas Turbines and Power, 124, no. 3, pp. 441-446.
- Wu, W., A.L. Gerhart, Z. Chen, P.A. Dellenback, P.K. Agarwal, 2001, "A Device for Measuring Solids Flowrate in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," Powder Technology, 120, no.3, pp. 151-158.
- Sanger, J.L. and P.A. Dellenback, 1998, "Heat Transfer in Counterswirled Coaxial Jet Mixing," AIAA J. of Propulsion and Power, 14, no. 3, pp. 384-391.
- Dellenback, P.A., J.L. Sanger and D.E. Metzger, 1994, "Heat Transfer in Confined Coaxial Jet Mixing with Swirled Inner Jet," J. Heat Transfer, 116, no. 4, pp. 864-870.
- Hirleman, E.D. and P.A. Dellenback, 1989, "Adaptive Fraunhofer Diffraction Particle Sizing Instruments Using a Spatial Light Modulator," Applied Optics, 28, no. 222, pp. 4870-4878.
- Dellenback, P.A., D.E. Metzger, and G.P. Neitzel, 1988, "Measurements in Turbulent Swirling Flow through an Abrupt Axisymmetric Expansion," AIAA Journal, 26, no. 6, pp. 669-681.
- Dellenback, P.A., D.E. Metzger, and G.P. Neitzel, 1987, "Heat Transfer to Turbulent Swirling Flow through a Sudden Axisymmetric Expansion," J. of Heat Transfer, 109, no.3, pp. 613-620.
- Tau Beta Pi Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award for College of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Wyoming, 2008.
- Mortar Board Outstanding Academic Advisor Award, University of Wyoming, 2005.
- Recognized six times as a University of Wyoming Mortar Board "Top Prof": 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2013.
- University of Wyoming Excellence in Advising Award, 1996.
- Twice voted “Outstanding Professor in Civil and Mechanical Engineering” by engineering student body, Southern Methodist University, 1989 and 1990.