Meets: MTWF 8–8:50am, CR 142. (Optional Thursday
review class 8–8:50am, CR 103.)
Moorhouse, Ross 216, 766-4394.
Textbook: Stewart, Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 7th ed., Brooks/Cole, 2012.
Software (required): WebAssign
You are required to read the current section of the textbook before coming to class. Unfamiliar with reading a textbook? Here are some tips.
The Common Final Exam is scheduled for 3:30pm–5:30pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. It is cumulative, with more weight on the later material (Sections 5.1-5.5).
Our class will take the exam in our usual location, Corbett 138.
- The UW Math Department maintains a site for Math 2200 containing common information relevant to all sections
- Students and Teachers Working Together (UW policy on the rights and responsibilities of students and teachers)
- Syllabus / Policies
- ALEKS Algebra Software
- Login to WebAssign or purchase access. Follow the links to the eBook version of the textbook, and further instructions intended to help orient you to this software
- Further instructional videos (including some relevant to Calculus I and prerequisite material) are available online at Patrick's Just Math Tutorials
- Our SI's (Supplemental Instructors) are Amber Pagni and Ben Steer. Also visit the SI blog
- Quiz 1 Friday September 13, 2013. Solutions with comments/discussion of the more common difficulties. Average grade: 8.6/10
- Sample Exam I. Intended to help you prepare for Common Exam I
- Solutions to Quiz 2 Wednesday September 25, 2013. Average grade: 8.8/10
- Written HWA due Tuesday October 8 by 5:00pm. Average grade: 51/75. Solutions
- Written HWB due Tuesday October 15 by 5:00pm. Average grade: 53/80. Solutions
- Look at the formula sheet which will be provided in Common Exam II. (Do not bring a copy of this to the exam, as it will be provided.)
- In preparation for Common Exam II, here are corresponding exam questions from Fall 2012. After trying these problems for yourself, check your answers against these worked solutions
- To practice differentation skills online, go to the UW WeBWorK server . Click on Guest Login and select PracticeDerivGW.
- Several external websites also offer free online differentiation practice, e.g. 1 | 2 | 3
- Written HWC due Tuesday October 29 by 5:00pm. Average grade: 40/65. Solutions
- Written HWD due Tuesday November 5 by 5:00pm. Average grade: 43/75. Solutions
- In prepraration for Common Exam III, look at Common Exam 3 and the Final Exam from the Fall 2012 semester which are posted on the UW Math Department website for Calculus I listed above. Please notice however that last fall's exams covered different sections than this semester's exams. Here are solutions to those two exams: Sol-Exam3-Fall2012 Sol-Exam4-Fall2012
- Conclusion to exercise 51, p.317 from the textbook (from class on Wed Nov 13)
- Written HWE due Tuesday November 26 by 5:00pm. Average grade: 37/40. Solutions
- In studying for the final exam, please consider the following review problems on integration:
- Sec 4.9 #52,63
- Sec 5.1 #2,4,17,19,22
- Sec 5.2 #5c,8,23,29,33d,37,47,49,51
- Sec 5.5 #22,24,56,80
- Chapter 5 Review #8,30,45,47,56,57
- Also the following review problems on derivatives:
- Sec 2.7 #50
- Sec 2.8 #2
- Chapter 2 Review #29,39,40
- Chapter 3 True-False #5,6
- Chapoter 3 Review #19,24,40,49,69,83,89e,99
- Sec 4.1 #11
- Sec 4.3 #5,6,27,41
- Sec 4.7 #5
- Also the following review problems on limits:
- Chapter 2 Review #10,15,19,23
- Sec 4.4 #29,47,51,64
- Here are the Spring 2013 final exam and solutions thereto
/ revised December, 2013