Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Outreach Credit Programs|Outreach School

Contact Correspondence Study

Phone: (800) 448-7801; (307) 766-5632
Fax: (307) 766-4048
Dept. 3294, 1000 E. University Ave.
Wyo Hall, Room 340
Laramie, WY 82071

Regional Centers OCP Staff Directory

Contact Us

Outreach Credit Programs
1000 E. University Ave., Dept. 3274
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4300
Toll Free: (800) 448-7801
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

General Information

Admission & Enrollment

It is not necessary to be admitted to the University of Wyoming to enroll in a correspondence study course. To enroll in a course submit a registration form with payment to the Correspondence Study office. More information can be found here.

Academic Credit

Correspondence study courses at UW are offered for semester hours of credit and are entered on an official UW transcript in your name upon completion of the course. A designation of CORR is also entered for each course indicating that it was taken through correspondence study.

Correspondence study courses do not count toward your credit hours while you are taking them. These courses do not count towards credit hour requirements for financial aid or enrollment status.

Please note: a maximum of 24 hours of correspondence study credit can be applied to a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wyoming. In addition, correspondence study courses do not count toward advanced degrees. Some courses, if offered at the senior level or above (courses numbered 4000+), may count toward recertification and salary scale adjustments for teachers; however, you should check with your own school district and the state of Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board at (307) 777-6261 prior to enrolling in a specific course.

 If you are a degree candidate at another institution, be sure to check with your adviser to make sure that the course you wish to take through this office will work in your own program of study.

Course Availability

It is sometimes necessary to stop accepting new registrations for a particular course because supplies, books, or an instructor may no longer be available. If you mail in a registration form for a course that has been discontinued your tuition and fees will be returned or, if requested, applied to another course with the same tuition and fees.

Course Length

Students have nine months in which to complete correspondence study courses; however, courses cannot be completed in less than 12 weeks. If it is unlikely that a student will complete a course in nine months, a three month extension is available for a $30 fee. The renewal period begins immediately upon conclusion of the original nine-month enrollment period. A course may be extended only once.

Instructors are not always available for immediate grading of lessons and exams, especially at the ends of semesters or during university breaks and holidays, so it may take up to two weeks to process and grade a lesson.

Course Transfer

It is possible to change your registration from one course to another if this is done within the first two months of your registration. The charge for transferring to another course is $30. If the second course is offered for more credit hours, you must also pay the difference in tuition and fees. If the second course is offered for fewer credit hours a refund of the difference based on the schedule of refunds will be issued after other expenses are deducted. The date of enrollment (and the date on which your enrollment expires) remains the same. An enrollment may be transferred only once.


Most correspondence study courses include one or more proctored exams, and it is the responsibility of the student to find and, if applicable, pay for testing services. The University of Wyoming offers testing services throughout the state of Wyoming. Proctors unaffiliated with the University must be:

A school administrator or other school official in a supervisory position: i.e. superintendent, principal, counselor, academic adviser, dean, department head, or college or university faculty.

  • Educational Training Officer - Armed Forces or medical facility
  • Public Library-Head Librarian
  • Nursing supervisor or charge nurse
  • Testing center or student services office at a college or university


Correspondence Study courses require a textbook for the course, which is listed in the course syllabus. The cost of the textbook is not included in the tuition of delivery fees for the course and must be purchased by the student separately.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon