Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Give to UW
Download UW Viewbook
Visit Campus

School of Pharmacy

College of Health Sciences

History of the UW School of Pharmacy Building

from: Centennial Celebration, September 27, 1986

A sketch of the University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy building prior to construction in 1967.The increasing importance of health sciences to the people of Wyoming culminated in the 1967 construction of the School of Pharmacy established within the College of Health Sciences. Today facilities of the school augment the other science missions of the university. The south facade of the building was originally planned to open onto a courtyard following removal of the old Agricultural Hall. Plans changed, however, and the hall became the Biochemistry Building, providing a closed connection between the chemistry laboratory needs of agriculture, the arts and sciences, and health sciences.

R.W. Schropfer and Henry Therkildsen, University of Wyoming architectural engineering graduates, designed the Pharmacy Building. The contemporary styling is a modern, somewhat experimental, adaptation of Beaux arts tradition that blends well with the Western Research Institute Building to the North as well as with the much older Biochemistry Building to the south. The use of native stone materials and glass panels is in keeping with other buildings on the west end of the campus.

Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon