Sidebar Site Navigation
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Master's Degree in Educational Administration, K-12 Educational Leadership
||GPA: no requirement||GRE: no requirement
||Deadline: Jan. 15, Sept. 15
|International Students:||GRE: 900/291 min
||TOEFL: 550 written or 76 online
||Deadline: Jan. 15, Sept. 15||Apply!|
The Principal Preparation Program is a comprehensive internship-based leadership program leading to a Master of Arts degree in Education with an option in Educational Adminstration and a cognate in K-12 Educational Leadership as well as potential Wyoming certification as a K-12 principal. To be certified by PTSB as a principal in Wyoming, an individual must hold or be able to obtain a Wyoming teaching certificate and have at least three years of teaching in a school setting.
This outreach master's degree program is 33 credit hours. Focusing on our mission to develop effective educational leaders and researchers, the program includes four core courses currently offered in two locations in the state, Casper and Rock Springs (through Fall 2014 only). The four core courses are scheduled for three weekends, usually Friday night and Saturday, and may include video conferencing or online components. The remaining courses are offered through various means (online, videoconferencing, and face-to-face). View the course schedule. We also offer a completely online master's degree focusing on Educational Leadership. Please note, out of state students should check with their state PTSB to ensure the program meets eligibility requirements for principal certification in their own state.
Tuition and Fees
The University of Wyoming was ranked 11th in the nation for best value!
|Resident Tuition||Non-Resident Tuition|
|Outreach Courses Campus Courses||Outreach Courses Campus Courses|
|$210/credit $210/credit||$294/credit $629/credit|
Note: All courses for the Master's degree program are offered only through Outreach.
Additional outreach course fees: $20/credit for video or audio classes; $40/credit for online classes.
Please BE ADVISED that tuition for Outreach courses will be increasing. See link for details.
There are two application deadlines for this program: January 15 and September 15.
Step 1: Apply to UW and Professional Studies through the online application portal
- Click here to access the UW graduate application portal
- After completing the initial information page, you will receive an email from the system including a link and your temporary username and password
- Please complete the contact, academic, residency information, etc.
- Submit the $50 application fee
- Submit ALL required documents to the online document portal (applications with missing documents will not be considered)
- Principal application form
- Superintendent approval form (signed by the superintendent of the district where you plan to perform your internship)
- Three current letters of recommendation using department reference form (one from your principal or direct supervisor, two others from those who can speak to your work ethic and leadership potential); letters must be be submitted through the portal
- A letter of intent describing career goals and reasons for pursuing a degree at the University of Wyoming
- A current academic resume
- Unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions (official copes should be sent to UW Admissions)
- Agree to admissions terms and submit your application
Step 2: Submit official copies of transcripts to UW AdmissionsAddress: