Special Education Degrees
The Special Education program is committed to preparing highly qualified graduates to serve K-12 students with varying needs in the least restrictive environment and to ensure their access to the general education curriculum. We value diverse and evidence-based pedagogical, instructional, curricular, and positive behavioral approaches as well as research methodologies designed to produce appropriate learning outcomes for all students.
The Special Education Program is Nationally Recognized by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Master’s degree in Education with a teaching endorsement in K-12 Special Education
- K-12 endorsement program in Special Education
- Special Education Director's endorsement program
- Students who are not yet accepted into our program are welcome to enroll in Special Education Law (EDEX 5720).
- Students entering the Special Education Program will be required to have Outreach Video Network (OVN) access and have the ability to complete two semesters of practicum work within a Wyoming school district.
Learn more about the faculty members and their specific research interests.
Click here to read the variety of publications by the Special Education faculty.
Click here to review the outcomes for receiving a degree or a UW certificate in Special Education.
Enrolled Student Resources
Click here for a list of forms and other Special Education student resources.