Half Acre Gym Renovation Timeline
The project will be conducted in two phases. Phase I will consist of the demolition and reconstruction of the east portion of the building. Phase II will consist of reopening the new (east) portion of the building and closing/renovating the west portion of the building. The building will remain open throughout the entire process. Impact to specific areas and programs are outlined below.
- May, 2013: The Half Acre pool closed for swimming. (Lunchtime and evening swim hours are now held at Corbett Pool). Temporary decking was constructed over the pool area to accommodate cardio and weight equipment.
- May, 2013: The hourly pay lot and service road east of Half Acre closed. Additional hourly pay parking is available in the Wyoming Union Lot (close to 15th Street, see yellow portion of map above).
- June, 2013: The Outdoor Program opened for business in a trailer located in the east portion of the Union parking lot, near 15th Street.
June 2013- January 20, 2015: The following areas will be closed or impacted throughout Half Acre on each of the following floors:
- In June 2013, the east portion of the building closed (infield, climbing wall, Outdoor program, racquetball courts). The Outdoor Program office moved to a temporary trailer located in the east portion of the Union parking lot.
- The pool closed for swimming beginning May 13, 2013 and will reopen in the late spring/early summer 2015. Lunchtime and evening pool hours will be held at Corbett Pool.
- The Half Acre pool area now accommodates cardio and weight equipment.
- Locker room areas will be available during the entire renovation process.
- The north court is set-up with cardio equipment with temporary stairs to access the running track. Intramurals and club sports offices have been relocated to the first floor.
- The middle and south courts are available for court sport activities.
- The running track is available. The dance studio and the exercise studio are off-line.
- Phase II will begin in the spring semester of 2015 as the new portion of the building opens and the west (historic) portion of the building closes.