Students may pay their Residence Life & Dining Services application deposit in one of two ways:
- Students enrolling in their first semester as a full-time UW student (freshmen or new transfer students) pay the UW Enrollment Deposit, which includes a $100 housing deposit, before completing a housing contract. Once your enrollment deposit is processed the system will allow you access to complete your housing application. If you wish to fill out a paper contract, you may mail it directly to Residence Life & Dining Services; however it will not be considered complete until your Enrollment Deposit is processed.
- Returning UW students and graduate students must pay a $100 housing deposit when they complete a contract.
Scholarships, grants, and financial aid cannot be applied to the $100 housing deposit. Deposits will be held by the University for the entire period of residence. Upon fulfilling the contract, the full deposit amount will be credited to your account and will be applied toward the payment of any University obligations.
Rates and Payment
- You agree to pay the room and board rates for the options you select on your contract and/or to which you are assigned. Room and Dining Plan payments are charged to your UW Student Account and can be paid online through the Cashier's Office or in person through the Cashier's Office in Knight Hall.
- You can purchase a Non-Residential Dining Block Plan online or by visiting the Residence Life and Dining Services office located in the lower level of Washakie Dining Center. By purchasing an off-campus dining plan, you agree to the Off-Campus Dining Plan Terms. Block Plans purchases will be available on your WyoOne Card by noon the following business day from the date of purchase.
- All university charges are due prior to the first day of class. Students who are unable to pay the entire amount by the first day of class may confirm their registration by making a payment of one-third the total amount due on their student account. This payment will automatically place a student into the University’s Institutional Payment Plan. Full information regarding the University Institutional Payment Plan, including payment due dates, can be found in the Tuition and Fees section of the General Bulletin. Students can also contact UW Accounts Receivable. Any financial aid received will be applied to the balance owed regardless of payment arrangements. If any funds remain after room and dining plan obligations are met, the remaining balance will be applied first to any other unpaid university debts.
- If room and Dining Plan charges are not paid according to your contracted payment schedule, you may be required to vacate your room upon notice and terminate meal privileges immediately. Arrangements must be made with the Accounts Receivable Office for payment of past due obligations upon receipt of notice. You may not be permitted to re-enroll or receive a transcript if any University charge is unpaid. Eviction may take place immediately upon notice.
The following figures reflect room and board rates for an entire academic year
(fall and spring semesters, excluding winter break).
- Room charges include utilities, basic-expanded cable television service, a social fee, computer lab access, and a ResNet connection for access to the campus network and the Internet.
- Room charges do not include access to your room during the break between semesters. Those nights are charged on a per night basis. Dining Plans do not include service during semester break. Meals (accesses) not used during a week are not carried over to the next week.
- If your roommate moves out and occupancy allows, you may be given the opportunity to retain the room as a single at the single room rate.
|RESIDENCE HALL ROOM CHARGES (Per Academic Year, ie Fall & Spring Semesters Combined)
|Small Single (Washakie Halls)
|Queen Single (Crane Hall), or Double as Single
|BOARD CHARGES (Per Academic Year, ie Fall & Spring Semesters Combined)
|Unlimited access plan**
|Any 15 access plan **
|Any 12 access plan**
|Any 9 access plan*
|Any 7 access plan*
|Optional Dining Dollars (per semester)
|Added Value Dining Dollars
|Best Value Dining Dollars
Available to students living off campus, UW Apartments tenants, and UW Faculty/Staff. These groups may also purchase weekly plans.
|25 Any Meal
|60 Any Meal
|**Residents of White, Downey, McIntyre and Orr halls must select one of these Dining Plans.*Residents of Hill Hall have the option to select one of these plans or a larger plan. Add together the rates for your selected room and Dining Plan option to equal your total charges for the academic year.
Please read your Contract and Terms and Conditions of the Contract carefully for detailed information about your contract and payment options.