Below is a typical layout of a residence hall room in McIntyre, White, Downey, and Orr halls. Hill Hall rooms are slightly different. For more information and specifics about each hall, visit the individual hall pages.
You are encouraged to personalize your room with items from home. Be creative! However, please take note of the following:
- Residence Life & Dining Services provides beds that can be bunked or lofted in your room. Loft kits are requested by indicating a loft kit on your contract. White Hall beds are adjustable and do not require a loft kit, though they do not raise as high as beds in the other residence halls. If you would like to request a loft kit and did not indicate your request on the contract please email our office at email@example.com. No other beds or lofts will be permitted in the residence halls.
- Keep your room clean and safe.
- You may not paint or alter your room in any way without written permission from the facilities manager (766-6503).
- Keep signs and banners off your outside doors, windows, or exterior of building.
- No mattresses other than those provided are allowed. You may bring a pillowtop or mattress pad to put on the provided mattress.
- Waterbeds are not allowed.
Items to Consider Bringing:
Items to Leave at Home:
Please visit our FAQ's page for information on items that are not allowed in the halls.
All residence hall beds have the ability and equipment necessary to be bunked. Additional equipment is not needed to bunk the beds.
Loft kits raise the bed without a bunk underneath. Loft kits may be requested via your contract for housing and Dining Plans. Distribution of loft kits to those on the waiting list will take place at move-in. White Hall beds do not, and cannot, use a standard loft kit. White Hall beds are adjustable and raise to a height of up to 60".