You Are What You Eat!
The daily dietary decisions we make impact our lives in many ways. Developing a healthy relationship with food can help you to think clearer, be more energetic and just plain feel better. The University of Wyoming provides the following resources to improve your nutrition:
- Free nutritional counseling with a Registered Dietitian
- Food allergy counseling and support
- YourNutrition online nutrition tracking system. Use YourNutrition to track your calories, manage special dietary needs, and plan your meals.
- Vegan entrees
- Gluten Friendly entrees
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
Residence Life & Dining Services Dietitian, Amy Bey, is available to meet with students regarding their dietary needs and concerns.
Email Amy at email@example.com
For further information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Residence Life & Dining Services.
Tips for Eating at Washakie
- Choose colorful fruits and vegetables to make up half of each meal.
- Make half of your grains whole. This means adding oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain cereals, bulgar and quinoa to your meals.
- Only occasionally eat empty calories such as soda, desserts and sugary breakfast cereals.
- Choose baked, smoked, broiled or grilled lean protein sources and vary your proteins to include fish, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Eat fried foods sparingly.