August 28, 2013 — Science teachers from around Wyoming gained valuable insights on incorporating science into their classrooms during a recent workshop at the University of Wyoming.
LINKS OF INTEREST
Energy Literacy Education: A Balanced Approach
The School of Energy Resources is committed to promoting K-12 energy literacy and career development opportunities for Wyoming's youth. In 2013, SER partnered with ExxonMobil to advance Energy Literacy Education in Wyoming. Our overarching mission is to connect energy information and 21st Century career skills to position students for competitive success in higher education and the energy workforce.
K-12 Energy Literacy Education Program Objectives
- Provide Wyoming teachers professional development opportunities and resources to promote a comprehensive and balanced approach to energy literacy education.
- Develop and pilot interdisciplinary curriculum designed to engage students in relevant and motivating energy resource studies.
- Support learning experiences that enhance students' Career Readiness and 21st Century Skills through UW research experiences and summer energy institutes.
- Build collaborative partnerships with the energy enterprise to promote field experiences, internships, and interactions with energy professionals.
- Establish a sustained funding base to expand the scale and scope of energy education in Wyoming.
K12 Outreach Highlights
- UW STEM Opportunities for Summer 2015
- Energy Summer Institute & Wyoming Energy Camp Filled Quickly!!! Keep in touch for 2016!
Teach Professional Development & Leadership Opportunities
April 18th - K-12 Saturday STEM Workshop - REGISTRATION CLOSED
August 3-5th - WDE's Roadmap to STEM Conference
Online Energy Literacy Education Resources
August 22, 2013 — More and more, oil and gas companies are faced with extracting precious minerals from unconventional reservoirs that are difficult and costly to access. They have an ally in Mohammad Piri, a University of Wyoming School of Energy Resources associate professor of chemical and petroleum engineering, who heads the Hess Digital Rock Physics Laboratory in UW’s new Energy Innovation Center.
August 15, 2013 — The person who coined the phrase, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” probably wasn’t seeing the view in multiple dimensions.
August 7, 2013 — With science playing a more pivotal role in people’s everyday lives, it is incumbent upon scientists and researchers to convey their discoveries in a way that is practical and understandable, and demonstrates real-world applications to the public.
July 9, 2013 — ExxonMobil has partnered with the University of Wyoming’s School of Energy Resources (SER) to promote K-12 energy education in Wyoming.