Social Justice Research Center
University of Wyoming
Please take the time to sign up to become a member of the Social Justice Research Center. Click here to sign up.
The Social Justice Research Center (SJRC) at the University of Wyoming is an interdisciplinary center dedicated to the generation of scholarship connected to addressing practical and theoretical questions arising from the pursuit of social justice. The SJRC cultivates social justice focused scholarships in the belief that when any segment or community experiences injustice, democratic ideals are at risk. The SJRC supports research scholars (faculty, staff and students) by providing opportunities for collegial exchange, professional development, and financial sponsorship. The goals of the SJRC include:
- Production and dissemination of research which has a social justice profile
- Outreach to research possibilities around the state and region while expressly recognizing the interconnectedness of local, national, and global concerns
- Intellectual exchange rooted in critical analysis
- Constructive dialogue undertaken in a climate of respect
- Serve as a catalyst for grant funding related to the purposes of the SJRC and given the problem-based nature of research , the generation of knowledge that will contribute to the development of broad meaningful solutions to systemic challenges
To view our partner organizations click here.
To view our history click here.
Interview with Nam Le (Feb.2016)
Video by Wyoming PBS
UW SJRC Scholar Talk (Oct.2012)
Dr. Chris Emdin, Science Educator talks about how social justice informs all that he does