Welcome Transfer Students!
With our outstanding academic programs, excellent faculty, and extraordinary community of students, we think you’ve made an excellent decision in choosing the University of Wyoming to continue your academic preparation!
Approximately one half of all new UW undergraduate students in an academic year are transfer students. They come from all of Wyoming’s seven community colleges, as well as other community colleges and four-year colleges and universities from across the region and the country. They represent every state in the Union and are enrolled in majors in every academic college at UW. Transfer students are not the exception at UW, they are UW!
Wyoming Transfer Advance
Are you planning to transfer to UW from a Wyoming community college with an AA, AS, or AB? Then Wyoming Transfer Advance is for you! Please review before applying to UW.
Applying to UW?
It’s as easy as one, two, three:
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Wondering what credits will transfer to UW? Check out TreQ (Transfer Equivalency Self-Service).
- Submit your application and transcripts from all institutions attended since high school.
Tips for Success:
- Your transcripts will be formally evaluated only after you apply to UW and have submitted official transcripts from all prior institutions. If you fail to submit all of your transcripts, your admission to UW can be delayed.
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application and transcript evaluation processes. While there is no application deadline at the University of Wyoming, the sooner you apply and submit your transcripts, the sooner you can be admitted and move forward with advising and registration... and getting the courses you need for your degree!
Admitted to UW?
- Make sure you’ve checked off every element of your “Next Steps Checklist”
- Sign up for an “Advising and Registration Day” to meet with an academic advisor and get registered for classes (usually held late in the spring and fall semesters). Dates and times to be announced for 2015-2016.
- Sign up for “Transfer Orientation.” This half day, fast-paced program is designed to help you familiarize yourself with UW and its policies and procedures to help ensure your successful transition to UW.
Regardless of where you are transferring from, UW will be a new experience for you. We know you aren’t a freshman and you already have your first college or university experience behind you, but this will still be a transition to a new institution with new processes and procedures to learn. If you have questions about the enrollment process, campus resources, or how to navigate UW’s systems, we’re here to assist in answering questions and helping you make connections around campus.
Please contact us with any of your questions about transferring or transitioning to campus – your success is our success!