Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

New Transfer Academic Advising

Academic Advising

The University of Wyoming has a mandatory advising policy for all students (except non- degree graduate and outreach students). Some colleges utilize professional advising staff, while in some colleges faculty advise students. Either way, each semester a student must see his or her advisor to discuss a schedule of classes before he or she can register. Advisors are the only individuals authorized to release PERC (Personal Enrollment Registration Code) numbers each semester.

If you are new to campus, you can:

  • Plan to attend a “One Stop Wednesday” session in August order to meet with an academic advisor and get registered for classes.
  • Plan to attend a “Transfer Advising and Registration Day” held late each fall and spring semester.
  • Each academic college, as well as the School of Energy Resources, the Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources, and the Outreach School has an advising coordinator for transfer students; there is an advising coordinator for undeclared students, as well. These individuals are available to assist you if you are not able to attend a One Stop Wednesday program or a Transfer Advising and Registration day. When appropriate, they will help get you connected with your home academic department and a faculty advisor.

Transfer Advising Coordinators

Arts and Sciences
Michelle Anderson ▪ ▪ 307-766-2641

Agriculture and Natural Resources
Kerry Casper ▪ ▪ 307-766-4034

Denise Sheen ▪ ▪ 307-766-2063

Christi Hutchinson ▪ ▪ 307-766-2230

Engineering and Applied Science
Laurie Bonini ▪ ▪ 307-766-4254

Health Sciences
Craig Vaske ▪ ▪ 307-766-3499

Richard Miller ▪ ▪ 307-766-2398

Becky Despain ▪ ▪ 307-766-2398

School of Energy Resources
Pam Henderson ▪ ▪ 307-766-6879

Haub School of Environment And Natural Resources
Maggie Bourque ▪ ▪ 307-766-5089

Share This Page:

Contact Us

Division of Student Affairs

408 Old Main

Dept. 3066

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5123

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon