See Field Placement also.
For the Residency candidate and Mentor Teacher:
The Residency Handbook provides additional details and documentation for candidates and Mentor Teachers regarding:
- Respective responsibilities during the student teaching semester
- Documentation of outcomes for midterm and final evaluation
- Teacher certification requirements and process for Wyoming
- The job search and Center for Advising & Career Services support
- Suggestions for your resume and Belief Matrix
- Current CoEd policy reminders and deadlines to monitor
An additional document of importance to the Mentor Teacher:
Guidelines for the Identification, Preparation, and Reflections of Preservice Mentor Teachers. This document was adopted by the Wyoming School-University Partnership and the CoEd Advisory Council for Teacher Education for implementation in fall 2005.
Information on Applying for Teaching Licensure/Requesting Institutional Recommendation:
Obtaining Teaching Certification in Wyoming and Other States
IF DIFFICULTIES ARISE
If difficulties arise during the Residency semester:
- Discuss the problem(s) immediately with your mentor teacher if appropriate. Always contact your UW Faculty Supervisor, as well. In a Partner School setting, you may contact the Partner School Facilitator as the liaison with your UW Faculty Supervisor.
- Contact the UW Faculty Supervisor if the problem(s) are not resolved between you and your mentor teacher. The call to the UW Faculty Supervisor may come from the student teacher, the mentor teacher, or a clinical liaison. UW Faculty Supervisor will travel to the school immediately when his/her presence is required.
- Mentor teachers and student teachers are strongly encouraged to share any and all concerns regarding the Residency experience at the first sign of difficulty. Experience tells us that by waiting to discuss any concerns, the problem is likely to escalate.