Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
Students walk near Prexy's Pasture on a nice spring day.

Programs without an Articulation Agreement

You have arrived at this page because the program you wish to pursue at UW does not currently have any formal/published transfer plans. this does not affect your ability to transfer to UW. 

(See:, section 2 - "Transfer Credit" for more information.)


  • Transfer students who have completed a minimum of 30 credits of college-level coursework after graduating from high school will receive a waiver for the First Year Seminar requirement (USP: FYS). No credit is awarded with this waiver.
  • US & Wyoming Constitution (USP: V): This requirement is mandated by statue and cannot be waived. Transfer students may satisfy this requirement in one of three ways:
    • Completion of a UW course that satisfies USP: V
    • Completion of a course at a Wyoming Community College that is articulated to transfer as USP: V
    • Completion of a US Constitution course at another institution and a passing grade on the Wyoming Challenge Exam administered by the Political Science Department. 
  • All students must complete the upper division portion of the USP requirement (USP: C3), with a grade of C or better. USP: C3 is an upper division requirement and cannot be satisfied by community college coursework or via the WICHE Interstate Passport. 

If you are transferring from within the State of Wyoming

You may click here to use WyoTransfer to evaluate your transfer credit. If your login credentials from your Wyoming Community College are still active, you may log in to WyoTransfer and import your community college coursework to see how your courses will transfer. (If your login credentials are no longer active, you may enter your courses manually.) 

Students entering UW Fall 2001 or later who have completed a qualifying transfer associate degree (AA, AS, ADN, or AB) from a Wyoming Community College (earned spring 2001 or later) receive credit toward completion of the majority of the lower division general education requirements included in the University Studies Program (USP). As noted above, all students must complete the USP: V and USP: C3 requirements.

If you are transferring from outside of Wyoming

You may look up your courses in the Wyoming Transfer Catalog: Change the state, and then select the appropriate college/university. If your college is not listed, or a course doesn’t have a published equivalency and you have not yet applied for admission to UW, you may request a Pre-Transfer Credit Evaluation (Pre-TCE). There are some instances in which students may not be eligible for a PreTCE (including JST transcripts, international transcripts, students who have already submitted an application, and students applying for their second bachelor's degree).

Effective Spring 2012, graduates of regionally accredited Colorado, Western Nebraska, Mid-Plains (Nebraska), and Colby (Kansas) community colleges with earned AA or AS degrees are awarded the majority of the lower-division USP requirements. As noted above, all students must complete the USP: V and USP: C3 requirements.  

Graduates of regionally accredited institutions outside of Wyoming, Colorado, or the Nebraska and Kansas institutions specifically listed above who earn an AA/AS/AB in Spring 2015 or later are awarded the majority of the lower-division USP requirements. As noted above, all students must complete the USP: V and USP: C3 requirements.

WICHE Interstate Passport

The University of Wyoming participates in the WICHE Interstate Passport. Students transferring to UW with the Interstate Passport completed at their previous institution will have the majority of the lower division USP requirements met; as noted above, all students must complete the USP: V requirement. 

If you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree

Students with an earned bachelor's degree from an accredited US institution seeking a second baccalaureate degree will be considered to have met the lower division UW USP program requirements with the exception of the U.S. & Wyoming Constitution requirement (USP: V). All transfer credit for these students is approved by faculty. 

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon