Global Resource Navigation
UW Quick Facts
- Located in Laramie, Wyoming in
the southeast corner of Wyoming, about two hours north of Denver, CO
- Population of Laramie: 30,800
- Elevation: 7,220
- Nearby outdoor recreation:
Snowy Range Mountains (25 minutes to the west), Vedauwoo (15 minutes to the
east), Steamboat, CO (2 hours)
Enrollment and Academic
- Total UW enrollment: 13,929
- Undergraduates: 10,209
- Graduate and professional degree
- Non-resident enrollment: 29%
- Undergraduates over 25 years
- New freshman class size:
- Average high school GPA (new
- Average ACT (new freshmen): 24.4
- Academic programs:
approximately 200+ areas of study in colleges of Arts & Sciences,
Agriculture & Natural Resources, Business, Education, Engineering &
Applied Science, Health Sciences, Law and the School of Energy Resources
- Average undergraduate class
size: 29 students
- Student to faculty ration: 14:1
- Faculty holding the highest degree
in their field: 85%
- Only 8% of classes taught by
- Student clubs and organizations:
- 3,500 students compete annually in
more than 50 intramural sports and 21 club sports
- Division I-A Athletics, Mountain
Did You Know?
- Recognized by Forbes magazine as
the nation’s 11th best college value for 2012.
- Ranked by Princeton Review’s 2012
Guide to 322 Green Colleges.
- Recognized as a national
university in U.S. News Best Colleges 2011by US News and World Report.
- Recognized by Outside Magazine in
2012 as the nation’s 15th best college for outdoor adventure.