Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

UW Offers Negotiated Gas Rate to Employees and Retirees

April 15, 2015

The University of Wyoming is offering employees and retirees an opportunity to choose the negotiated natural gas rate under the Choice Gas program. Employees who have not selected a supplier and rate have until 5 p.m. Thursday, April 23, to sign up for the special UW rate.

UW negotiated the special natural gas rate with Wyoming Community Gas, one of eight suppliers selling gas under the Choice Gas program. The residential rate is being offered to employees in Source Gas' Casper Division, which includes Laramie and Casper, but not Cheyenne and Torrington.

“The negotiated UW employee option is a blended rate, a combination of a fixed price and monthly market index price per therm. A 65 percent portion of gas usage is locked in at $0.322 per therm, while the remaining 35 percent of gas usage will follow the monthly CIG index price plus an adder of $0.045 per therm,” says Frosty Selmer, deputy director at the Physical Plant in charge of utilities. "This price does not include the distribution charges added to all options, usually $0.20-$0.23 per therm.”

Employees should keep in mind that the UW option might not be the most economical.

Selmer offers these instructions for UW employees who want to sign up for the negotiated rate. Using the Choice Gas Supplier Selection Form received in the mail, check the "Blended Rate (1 Year)" option under Wyoming Community Gas.

Sign, date and deliver the ballot to the Physical Plant service desk by 5 p.m. Thursday, April 23. UW will take care of the confirmation coding. The Physical Plant is located at the northwest corner of 15th and Lewis streets; the mailing address is Department 3227, 1000 E. University Ave., Laramie, WY 82071. Ballots may be sent via fax at (307) 766-4040. Ballots also may be sent by emailing a scanned ballot, in PDF format, to SvsDesk@uwyo.edu.

More information is available from Wyoming Community Gas, at toll free 1-877-318-4051 or Selmer at fselmer@uwyo.edu.


Share This Page:

Contact Us

Chad Baldwin

Institutional Communications

Bureau of Mines Building, Room 137

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-2929

Email: cbaldwin@uwyo.edu

Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon