Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Trademark Licensing|A Unit of Auxiliary Services

Contact Us

UW Trademark Licensing
Dept. 3322
1000 E. University Ave.
Wyoming Hall,
Room 356 and 352
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6927
Fax: (307) 766-4049
Phone: (307) 766-5646

Resources for Licensees

Design approvals

To preserve the quality of merchandise bearing the State and University of Wyoming's marks, we require that all artwork be submitted to the Trademark Licensing Office for approval.  Most approvals will be provided within hours of submission. 

Hang tag/stickers

Licensees are required to affix an officially licensed hang tag/sticker to those licensed products intended to be resold by a retailer, student group, etc.  Alternate licensed tags may be acceptable to the Trademark Licensing Office but must be submitted for approval.  Request more hang tags and stickers.  Stickers come in rolls of 1,000 and hang tags come in packets of 300.    Of course, if you need less, please let us know the quantity and order only what you need.      

Reconciliation Statements

To ensure that the royalty reporting process is consistent among licensees, reconciliation statements are required with all quarterly royalty reports.  These statements should not be cumbersome, as one would already need this information to complete the royalty report.  By requiring these reconciliation statements, our office can quickly identify problems with a licensee's royalty reporting process and also more effectively identify those companies needing a formal audit.   

Licensee Requirements 

Licensees should always refer to the licensing agreement for specific language and all terms and conditions in which they must adhere to.  This section of the website does not replace or supersede the licensing agreement and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of requirements, but is provided as a friendly reminder on select items.

Third Party Goods 

A third party good is any item not purchased directly by the licensee but brought to the licensee by a retailer, distributor or individual wanting a mark applied to the item.  There are very specific guidelines (i.e. approval, royalty calculation, etc.)  regarding third party goods and licensees must always contact the TLO prior to applying any mark to these goods. 

Trademark Designations 

Licensees are required to use the proper trademark designations on all licensed products (i.e. tm's ®'s).  If a licensee fails to submit a design for approval and the proper tm designations are not included, it is usually a clear sign to the Trademark Licensing Office that the licensee does not understand its license agreement and termination of the agreement may be necessary. 

Use of Other Marks 

Licensees cannot use any other business name, trademark, service mark, trade name, logo, etc. in combination with the State and University of Wyoming's licensed marks without prior approval of the Trademark Licensing Office.   

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon