Walk With Me --
Enjoy walking as fun daily physical activity.
VBM: Variety, Balance, Moderation --
Exploring these three keys to healthy eating.
Portion Investigators --
Investigating how super-size portions contribute to overeating and obesity.
The Original Fast Foods: Fruits and Vegetables --
Health benefits of fruits and vegetables and how to eat more.
The Senses Carnival --
Role of the five senses in pleasurable eating.
Taste Bud Twister --
How the tongue distinguishes different flavors.
How Sweet Is It? --
Health concerns of soft drinks and other sweetened beverages.
Why and how to include low-fat, calcium-rich beverages each day.
Moving On With Fiber --
Health benefits of fiber and selecting higher-fiber foods.
Fat Facts --
Role of fat as a nutrient and ways to identify high-fat foods.
As If --
Sources and myths of body image messages.
Picture Perfect --
False images of body perfection in the media.
Choose to Move --
Daily physical activity
for all kids.
Ideas for Educators
Teaching WIN Kids click here
* Facilitating Programs for Youth
A pre/post knowledge assessment tool for the WIN Kids lessons is
* WIN Kids Assessment Tool (PDF
* WIN Kids Assessment Key (PDF
* Sessions approximately 30 to 40 minutes in length
* Learning objectives
* National, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho health education standards
* List of supplies and materials needed
* Lesson script
* Activities to take home to share concepts with family members
* Ideas for community projects
* Camera-ready handouts
* Background section for the educator
* Additional opportunities for further sessions
* Assessment ideas to determine if students met selected health standards
* Sources for more information