Selected Professional Activities, Susan McKay Ph.D.
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- President, Division of Peace Psychology, 1994 - 1995
- International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
- Vice President, 1978-1980, 1980-1982
- Psychologists for Social Responsibility (PSYSR)
- Secretary, Operations Committee, 1991 - 1994
- Steering Committee, Conference on Gender, War and Peace, 2002-2003
- 1986-1992: Fertility and Maternal Health Drugs Advisory Committee, Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Food and Drug Administration.
- 1989-1990: Infant Mortality and Low Birth Weight Task Force, State of Wyoming.
- 1989-1990: Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences Study Committee on the Relationship Between Oral Contraceptives and Breast Cancer.
- 1992: Member, Review Panel, NIH, National Institute for Child Health and Human Development
- 1994: Editorial Board, Peace and Conflict: Journal of Peace Psychology
- 1998, June: Invited participant. African Women’s Advisory Group to UNESCO, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- 2002-2004: Invited participant, Conflict and Human Security Project, funded by the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership
- 2003, May: Invited panelist. U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of International Labor Affairs, Uganda Education Initiative Grants Review
- 2004: Editorial Advisory Board, Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers