Assistant Research Scientist
Office: Room 308, Agriculture C
Phone: 307-766-6649 (desk), or 307-766-2532 (WyGISC Office)
- MA, University of Wyoming, Geography/Water Resource
- BA, Bucknell University, Geology
- Certified GIS Professional (GISP), April 2007
- Campus Enterprise GIS
- Real Property Management using GIS
- GIS Database Design and Management
- GIS Application Implementation
- University Student Demographics
- University of Wyoming Real Estate Operation (REO) GIS
- University of Wyoming Administration Campus GIS Coordination
- Berelson, W.L., P.A. Caffrey, and J.D. Hamerlinck. 2004. Mapping hydrologic units for the National Watershed Boundary Dataset. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 40(5):1231-1246.
- Berelson, W.L. 2003. A Tool to Facilitate Querying Water Related National Datasets. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Third Annual ESRI User Conference, San Diego, CA, August 2003.
- Berelson, W.L., P.A. Caffrey, and J.D. Hamerlinck. 2001. Creating Hydrologic Unit boundaries for Wyoming: A Semi-Automated Approach. In Geography Creating Communities: Proceedings of the 21st Annual ESRI User Conference held in San Diego, California, July 2001, by Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc., Redlands, California: Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc., CD-ROM Paper No. ___.
- Berelson, W.L. 1998. Using Dynamic Segmentation to Automate Baseline Stream Data in the Star Valley, Wyoming. In Proceedings of the ESRI Southwest Users Group '98, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, October 1998.
- Berelson, W.L., J.R. Oakleaf, J.D. Hamerlinck, and S.P. Gloss. 1998. Good GUIs make good neighbors: conflict resolution in open space management. In Pathways to Knowledge Integration: Proceedings of GIS '98/RT '98 held in Toronto, Canada, April 1998, by Adams/GIS World. Fort Collins, Colorado: GIS World, Inc., 390-393.
Other Professional Activities
- Wyoming Interagency Hydrologic Unit Group 1999- Present
- Secretary, America Water Resources Association Wyoming Chapter, 1999
- GIS Watershed Member, University of Wyoming GIS Users Group 1997- Present
- ArcView GIS for Wyoming's Agricultural Experiment Station Research and Extension Centers